All users (unregistered and registered) may:
- Survey the HITRAN database content for a specified spectral range
- Specify a mixture of vibrational bands for a given HITRAN isotopologue for a selected wavenumber region
- Specify a gas mixture from a set of built-in standard atmospheric concentration profiles for a selected wavenumber region
- Visualize a stick intensity diagram of the specified mixture
- Simulate one of built-in spectral functions (absorption coefficient profile, transmittance, absorption, or radiance) of the mixture spectrum convolved with one of built-in apparatus functions for various physical (temperature, pressure, pathlength) and simulation (intensity cutoff, contour shape, wing length, resolution, etc) conditions
- Download simulation results in numerical and/or graphical format on user's computer.
Registered users may also:
- Prepare user defined gas mixtures
- Save simulation results on the server side
- Upload user's spectra to the server side and compare them to simulated spectra from HITRAN data
The registration in the system is free. Just click the button "New user" in user logging form and fill in the form that appears.
Users of the Hitran on the Web Information System agree to reference it in scientific publications, presentations and communications if the system is useful for their investigations.
- General problems: Larry Rothman (CFA), Sergey Tashkun (IAO,TSU)
- Data represented by system: Semen Mikhailenko (IAO), Iouli Gordon (CFA)
- System design, functionality, bugs: Yury Babikov (IAO,TSU)
Other sites of the portal on molecular spectroscopy
16 September 2021ATTENTION!
From January 1, 2022, this site will be available ONLY on the tsu.ru domain, but not on iao.ru.
It is possible that these changes will occur later, but we cannot provide such a guarantee.
19 November 2019Partition functions Q(T) of the 17O13C17O molecule are added to the database in the temperature range 1-1000 K (calculation by S. A. Tashkun, 2019)
19 March 2019The updates 2018 of the HITRAN database for H2O, CO2, NO and COCl2 are now available
5 December 2018Special Issue of the Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer “In Honor of the Scientific Contributions of Vladimir Tyuterev and Bob Gamache” is now open for your submissions.
5 December 2018The second announcement of the HighRus-2019 conference is now available.