All users (unregistered and registered) may:
- Survey the HITRAN database content for a specified spectral range
- Specify a mixture of vibrational bands for a given HITRAN isotopologue for a selected wavenumber region
- Specify a gas mixture from a set of built-in standard atmospheric concentration profiles for a selected wavenumber region
- Visualize a stick intensity diagram of the specified mixture
- Simulate one of built-in spectral functions (absorption coefficient profile, transmittance, absorption, or radiance) of the mixture spectrum convolved with one of built-in apparatus functions for various physical (temperature, pressure, pathlength) and simulation (intensity cutoff, contour shape, wing length, resolution, etc) conditions
- Download simulation results in numerical and/or graphical format on user's computer.
Registered users may also:
- Prepare user defined gas mixtures
- Save simulation results on the server side
- Upload user's spectra to the server side and compare them to simulated spectra from HITRAN data
The registration in the system is free. Just click the button "New user" in user logging form and fill in the form that appears.
Users of the Hitran on the Web Information System agree to reference it in scientific publications, presentations and communications if the system is useful for their investigations.
- General problems: Larry Rothman (CFA), Sergey Tashkun (IAO,TSU)
- Data represented by system: Semen Mikhailenko (IAO), Iouli Gordon (CFA)
- System design, functionality, bugs: Yury Babikov (IAO,TSU)
Other sites of the portal on molecular spectroscopy
28 February 20173rd International Workshop “Spectroscopy and Dynamics of Ozone and Related Atmospheric Species” will be held in Reims, France on October 4-6, 2017
8 June 2016Hitran on the Web 2.0 is released
4 May 2016Special issue of JQSRT "XVIIIth Symposium on High Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy (HighRus-2015), Tomsk, Russia" is published as Volume 177
15 February 2016The 24th International Conference on High Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy will be held on August 30th - September 3rd 2016 in Prague, Czech Republic.
8 February 2016The ASA-HITRAN 2016 Congress will be held at the University of Reims in France August 24-26, 2016. The event will focus on atmospheric spectroscopy and its applications in Aeronomy, Planetary Science, Database Management Systems, and more.