All users (unregistered and registered) may:
- Survey the HITRAN database content for a specified spectral range
- Specify a mixture of vibrational bands for a given HITRAN isotopologue for a selected wavenumber region
- Specify a gas mixture from a set of built-in standard atmospheric concentration profiles for a selected wavenumber region
- Visualize a stick intensity diagram of the specified mixture
- Simulate one of built-in spectral functions (absorption coefficient profile, transmittance, absorption, or radiance) of the mixture spectrum convolved with one of built-in apparatus functions for various physical (temperature, pressure, pathlength) and simulation (intensity cutoff, contour shape, wing length, resolution, etc) conditions
- Download simulation results in numerical and/or graphical format on user's computer.
Registered users may also:
- Prepare user defined gas mixtures
- Save simulation results on the server side
- Upload user's spectra to the server side and compare them to simulated spectra from HITRAN data
The registration in the system is free. Just click the button "New user" in user logging form and fill in the form that appears.
Users of the Hitran on the Web Information System agree to reference it in scientific publications, presentations and communications if the system is useful for their investigations.
- General problems: Larry Rothman (CFA), Sergey Tashkun (IAO,TSU)
- Data represented by system: Semen Mikhailenko (IAO), Iouli Gordon (CFA)
- System design, functionality, bugs: Yury Babikov (IAO,TSU)
Other sites of the portal on molecular spectroscopy
13 July 2018The HighRus-2019 website is now open. The first announcement is now available.
8 February 2018The 25th International Conference on High Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy will take place in Bilbao, Spain, September 3-7, 2018
7 February 2018The 73rd Meeting of International Symposium on Molecular Spectroscopy will be held in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, USA, June 18-22, 2018
29 January 201815th International HITRAN Conference (united with the 14th ASA conference) will be held at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Massachusetts, June 13-15, 2018
28 December 2017Line-by-line lists of the HITRAN2016 database are now available